If your Senstone isn't reacting to button, factory reset and even charger it means its firmware has stuck(probably in a loop or so) and simple ways to reset it won't work.
CAUTION: Next steps are quite radical and are not recommended unless you're absolutely sure your Senstone is dead on and not responding. Make sure you've tried all traditional steps for troubleshooting before moving in.
So here's how to fix your Senstone if it's completely unresponsive:
- Put your Senstone into your freezer. Not fridge, but freezer(colder one), where temperature is around -15(minus fifteen) degrees celsius(5 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Hold it there for ~12 hours, but you can check earlier. When Senstone comes back to life it will start flashing red light.
- If nothing happens after 12 hours - prolong this again, and place Senstone on charger after that. It will be back sooner or later.
- Once it’s back to life, give it ~10 minutes to stabilise and warm up. If it gets wet - wipe the condensate or water so it’s dry. To be completely safe you can dry it with hair drier for 30 seconds.
- Put it on charger for an hour or so.
During next week or two we plan to publish firmware update which would prevent these situations at all. Meanwhile if this repeats then do the same.
If you’re curious what’s going on: Senstone is stuck programatically(probably in a loop) and the only way to awake it is to reboot it. Currently you can reboot Senstone by killing the battery or updating firmware(that will change soon). And fastest way to kill the battery is to put it in cold environment - just like the phone.